Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sugar Rush

Just went to Bakerzin and treated myself to a bag load of macarons. I'm in desperate need of sugar, chocolates or anything sweet and rich for comfort (more of that later). Tried the chocolate/strawberry macarons (sorry couldn't take any pics of these enticing little buns cos I left my camera and part of my brain at home)...anyway, it was disappointing. I was expecting something smooth, chewy and moist but these were too crumbly. So next,
good ol' choco-pie did lift my spirits...for 5 secs and it's back to misery. Called the Hubby and as usual, gave his support and reassurance in an unmistakable and oddly soothing tone, that never fails to perk me up. Oh, not to mention the new phone that he's getting for me, which he says it's a gift for our wedding anniversary, though a month away. This is why I married you (not because of the gifts, pleaaaaaseee), you make up for the other half that I'm lacking, ie, keeping cool, calm, composed, confident, and staying positive. Thanks dear for everything!

Now, back to the kitchen to make my favourite strawberry jello cheesecake for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment